Most items we lend from the library go out for one three-week period. We understand that three weeks isn’t always enough time to finish the book you’re reading (or finish the TV series you are watching) so – in order to balance the shared needs of the community with a little leeway for you – we offer a two-week extension for checkouts in some situations.
If there are no holds waiting for the item you have borrowed, you may renew your item for an additional two weeks.
In order to renew…
- Log in to My Library Account
- Choose the “Items currently checked out” link (along the left hand side of your screen)
- Click the check boxes of items you would like to renew and click the “Renew All” or “Renew Marked” buttons
- You will then reach a screen where you will confirm the items selected for renewal.
- If eligible, you will then be shown a screen with a new due date for the item renewed.
- If an item is not eligible for renewal, you will be told that your request was unsuccessful and the existing due date is the final due date. An item is ineligible for renewal if there is another patron waiting for the item or if the item had been previously renewed.