What is iMake?
iMake is a weekly maker program for ages 10-18 designed to learn new skills and socialize with friends! Come make cool crafts like iPod speakers and hand sewn books, and learn skills like weaving, building and cyanotype printing! Past projects have included homemade bouncy balls, DIY sidewalk chalk, tie-dye and basic photo development.
When and Where
iMake takes place every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. at the Main Library, either in the Community Room or in the Teen Area.
Schedule of Activities: Summer 2018
- June 12: Rock magnets—Create faux turquoise and galaxy rocks to turn into snazzy refrigerator magnets.
- June 19: Sun printing—Using light sensitive paper, design unique images that are “developed” by the sun!
- June 26: Musical picture frame—Decoupage old sheet music onto picture frames to display rock star worthy photos and art at home!
- July 3: No iMake
- July 10: “Immortal” cactus—Make and enjoy an adorable cactus that you won’t ever have to water!
- July 17: Disco ball—Make your own disco ball! It will add instant groovy vibes to any room.
- July 24: CD sun catchers—Recycle old CDs into beautiful sun catchers using window paint.
- July 31: Sheet music beads—Create unique beads from old sheet music to make into jewelry!
- August 7: Felt rainbow geodes—Make your own unique geode “rocks” using wet felting.
- August 14: Air-dry clay craft—Use natural items to emboss clay that can then be formed into bowls, wall hangings, key chains, ornaments or more.
iMake is made possible through the support of the Friends of the South Portland Public Library. For more information, call Youth Services at 767-7660 x 3.