What is iMake?
iMake is a weekly maker program for ages 10-18 designed to learn new skills and socialize with friends! Come make cool crafts like iPod speakers and hand sewn books, and learn skills like weaving, building and cyanotype printing! Past projects have included homemade bouncy balls, DIY sidewalk chalk, tie-dye and basic photo development.
When and Where
iMake takes place every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. at the Main Library, either in the Community Room or in the Teen Area.
Winter-Spring 2018 Schedule
- January 9: Black out poetry–Recycle books and words by making poetry formed from what remains after you “black out” the rest.
- January 16: String art–Make unique string art wall hangings without a hammer or nails!
- January 23: Refrigerator magnets–Make decorative glass magnets to use or give as gifts.
- January 30: Felt rainbow geodes–Make your own unique geode “rocks” using wet felting.
- February 6: Hand warmers–Sew hand warmers that can be reused over and over!
- February 13: Paper roses–Create roses out of book pages and scrap book paper just in time for Valentine’s Day! We’ll also have card making supplies available.
- February 20: No iMake
- February 27: Air-dry clay leaf projects–Create fashionable, personalized coasters or small bowls that you can keep or give as gifts.
- March 6: Beaded animal keychains–Create cool critter friends out of beads!
- March 13: Mosaics–Make your own mosaic from a variety of materials.
- March 20: Wire flowers–Welcome the spring equinox by making spring flowers out of wire and nail polish.
- March 27: Geometric organizers–Using doubled up scrapbook paper and some simple folding and cutting, create geometric boxes to organize your treasures.
- April 3: Buttons–Make customized buttons to pin to your backpack, wear on a jacket, or give to a friend!
iMake is made possible through the support of the Friends of the South Portland Public Library. For more information, call Youth Services at 767-7660 x 3.