Did you know that September is Library Card Sign Up Month? Here at SPPL we want to remind our community of how valuable a library card is, and encourage you to sign up for one if you don’t have one yet! If you live in South Portland, go to school here, or pay taxes here, you can get a library card for FREE. It’s a quick, painless application that you can learn more about HERE.
Why should you get a library card?
The value of a library card goes well beyond books. Libraries build a foundation for future success, starting in childhood. The library provides access to materials for education and entertainment, suitable for any age or interest. Best of all, it’s FREE!
What are some things you can do at the South Portland Public Library?
- Borrow books, movies, music, art, magazines and more
- Access WIFI, computers, and printing services
- Attend programs for all ages, including concerts, story times, craft programs, book clubs and more
- Study, work, read, research and learn
- Request materials from libraries across the state through Interlibrary Loan
- Have librarians answer your questions and recommend materials
- Engage with your community
In addition to all of the resources available to you at the South Portland Public Library, your library card can now be used at four other area libraries:
- Thomas Memorial Library, Cape Elizabeth
- Baxter Memorial Library, Gorham
- Scarborough Public Library, Scarborough
- Walker Memorial Library, Westbrook
Your South Portland library card allows you to borrow materials from these libraries at no extra cost. To learn more about our shared lending agreement, click HERE.
For more information about Library Card Sign Up Month, or about the South Portland Public Library, call us at 767-7660.